Skilled Independent 189 Visa
Are you an overseas worker qualified with an occupation in demand in the Australian economy? Do you want Permanent Residency
Apply for a Skilled Independent visa to Work and become a Permanent Resident of this great country!
Why The Skilled Independent Visa?
The Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) is a point-based visa designed to attract overseas skilled people needed in Australian States and Territories.
It allows skilled workers with this visa to move and live in Australia without needing employer sponsorship or nomination by a state or territory government.
Benefits Of A Skilled Independent Visa
- Live, study or work in Australia indefinitely
- Enrol in Medicare
- Become eligible for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency
- Depart and re-enter Australia for 5 years from the visa grant date .
Before Applying For The Visa
You need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and score at least 65 points to get an invitation from the Home Affairs department to apply for the visa.
EOI points are awarded on various factors including:
- Education Qualifications
- Trade / Professional Qualifications
- Level of English
- Work Experience
- Single / Partner Skills
Extra Points for Australian Qualifications
It’s great If you have completed a degree, diploma or trade qualification at an Australian institution because you get an extra five points towards your EOI.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit is 45 years – you must be less than 45 on the date you apply
- Your occupation must be on this list MLTSSL
- You must have at least Competent English
- You must have a positive skills assessment
- You need the score specified in your visa application
- You have to meet the health and character requirements
Health & Character Requirements
You and any family members are required to:
- Apply within 12 months of medical examinations
- Provide police certificates from each country you lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years (after turning 16 years)
Evidence Of English Language Ability
You must have achieved minimum scores in one of the nominated English tests:
– At least 6 in each of four test modules in IELTS
– At least 50 in each of four test modules in PTE Pearson Test of English
Comparable results in in TOFEL iBT, OET or CAE
Eligible Family Members
You can include following family members in your visa application:
- Your Partner or spouse
- Your or your partner’s child/step child
Worried about visa requirements or concerned about the Expression of Interest or Skills Assessment? Don’t worry – we’ve got your back! Get in touch with us Visa Professionals and be sure of lodging the best visa application.
It’s a good idea to check for updated visa information with the Department of Home Affairs at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-independent-189